General Rules and Guidelines of the Contest
- The dancers must interpret in any of the suggested skill dances:
- Sayaw sa Banko
- Pandango sa Ilaw
- In dances where the author does not specify or describe the entrance and/ or exit steps, the trainer may create such. However, entrance steps must not be longer than the dance itself. Entrance and exit should not exceed one (1) minute each.
- The dance must be accompanied by the music prescribed in the folk dance book enumerated above or any tape recorded music. Live or taped music allowed.
- Dances should composed of 4 to 8 pairs only composed of all males/females or a combination of both.
- Five (5) copies of the literature of the dance lifted from any of the dance books shall be submitted to the committee for the distribution to the members of the board of judges.
- Staging may be implemented but the authenticity of the dance step costume and music shall be observed.
- The decision of the judges is final and unappealable.
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING
Skill and Mastery of Performance 20%
Stage Projection, Grace and Poise 20%
Showmanship / Unity, Expression and Precision 10%
(Authentic interpretation of the dance literature)
Authenticity of Costume, Music and Equipment 20%