- Competition Format
Category: Latin - Cha-cha-cha, Rumba and Jive
Standard - Waltz, Tango, Quick Steps
- Technical Guidelines:
- Each unit will be responsible of certifying the eligibility of competitors in the Dance Sports competition and will be issuing an identification card to each of the competitors.
- All competitors must wear their number during the competition.
- Competitors must be in the venue at least two (2) hours before the start of the competition for final instructions and distribution of numbers.
- Competitors must be in proper attire, with the number pinned at the back of the male partner.
- All competitors must be in dressed appropriately with special attention of the ff:
v No-two-piece dresses are allowed. No cuts below the waistline, no low necklines.
v Any color except flesh (skin color) for the area between the hipline and the panty line, the breast area must be covered completely.
v Panties have to be the same color as the dress.
- No shirt opening below the chest.
- The area between the hipline and the panty line, plus the breast area must be covered completely (hipline is defined as the top of the hip bone).
- No see through materials is allowed on these areas. No High cut panties, tangas, and cuts below the hip line and see through inserts in the panties.
- When standing, the skirts should cover the panties completely. It is preferably that the panties show as little as possible during dancing.
- The buttock of the female partners must be covered all the time as minimum; tangas are not allowed.
- If the dress is two-piece, then the top must not be a bra.
- Any color except flesh (skin color) for the areas described above.
- Panties have to be the same color as the dress.
- The judging of a couple begins when they adopt their dancing positions and end only when the music stops. The judge must check his or her marks during the entire dance and may amend them if necessary.
- If a couple stops dancing while the music is being played, the couple must be placed last in the dance. If this happens during the final round, the couple must be placed last in the dance.
- Couple must be judged solely on the performance in the specific dance at the mentioned time. Any consideration of titles, previous performance or performance in other dances is NOT permitted.
- A judge is under no obligation to justify his/her marks to competing couples. During the competition, or in the interval between rounds of the competition, the judge is prohibited from any discussion about the competitions and or their performance with any person.
- In all dances. Timing and basic rhythm will take place proceeding over the other fields of adjudication, so that if a couple repeatedly makes mistakes in the category, they must be placed last in the dance.